Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Finishing Up in NoHo

Spot has moved on to a new home, what a great companion and feline home-bro he was! I will dearly miss his alive spirit and his good morning meows when I let him inside each morn.
 
The apartment is closed up, it was so EMPTY when I left. It took many more days than I anticipated to get everything moved out, but then again with more than a half dozen serious hobbies and equipment and tools for each, that adds up quickly as possesions!




I managed to fit everything into a 10 ft by 10 ft storage unit, I'm grateful for my Heitke hereditary skills at packing things closely together to be able to fit it all in! I'm consciously not thinking about what will happen when I return to New England to retrieve something and realize that the item I want is in one of the back corners.

After this second photo I still had to fit in my trailer work bicycle, my 6 foot trailer, and a couple of plastic tubs of stuff!

I've been staying with Myke, Marie and Ben for the past week and had a few goof off days interspersed with running errands, spending hours up at my garden plots putting them to rest. I don't know if I'll be making it back to Northampton this fall and get to do any garden work, so I mulched the three plots with layers or cardboard, then wood chips, and then mulch hay on top.
  This last plot still had buckwheat cover crop in it, which I have now turned under.

No comments:

Post a Comment